The is advising residents to make sure they lock their cars.
Over the past several weeks, there have been multiple thefts from cars in Beverly Hills. The BHPD reports that in all but one of those cases, the vehicles were unlocked with property left in plain side.
The BHPD is encouraging the public to take the following measures to safeguard their property:
- Always lock and secure your vehicle no matter how brief your time away from the vehicle may be.
- Never leave property in plain sight within the vehicle. Secure your valuables in the trunk or at home.
- Know that vehicles parked behind security gates are often targeted as they are more likely to be left unlocked and the security gates offer concealment to the thief.
- Park in busy and well-lighted areas.
- Set your vehicle alarm or anti-theft device.
- Do not confront suspicious individuals yourself.
Report criminal or suspicious activity promptly by calling 911. You can also report a crime by calling the direct Beverly Hills Dispatch emergency number at 310-550-4800 or the direct Beverly Hills Dispatch non-emergency number at 310-550-4951.
This report was compiled with information from the Beverly Hills Police Department.