The city's Roxbury Park Community Center project is moving forward and a guilty verdict was handed down for a 2010 Beverly Hills murder. Read about that and more in the top stories from Sept. 30 to Oct. 6.
1. City Treasurer Eliot Finkel announced that he is running for re-election in March 2013.
2. The City Council is proceeding with plans for the new Roxbury Park Community Center that will cost an estimated $15.38 million—a figure that is likely to change as the project progresses.
3. Scott Joseph Barker was found guilty for the July 2010 stabbing death of Katsutoshi Tony Takazato in the Trousdale Estates neighborhood of Beverly Hills.
4. A shot was fired during an attempted robbery at 309 S. Doheny Drive.
5. Several hundred residents honored former Mayor Frank Fenton and his wife Judie Fenton at "The Spirit of Giving" lunch, an event raising funds to fight Parkinson's disease.
Also, don't forget that City Hall will open late and the Beverly Hills Public Library will be closed .