Construction has started on the Westside Subway Extension and a parcel tax may be on the March 5 ballot. Read about that and more in the top stories from Nov. 11-17.
1. Finnish textile company Marimekko, known for its bright colors and stylish designs, is opening a North Canon Drive location.
2. The Beverly Hills Unified School District is brainstorming how it will make up for a projected $3.5 million budget shortfall in 2013-14.
3. Groundwork preparations are underway for the first of seven new Westside Subway Extension stops.
4. City Council voted 5-0 to move forward with a pilot bike lane program, approving the conceptual design for construction on Burton Way and North Crescent Drive.
5. A split Board of Education voted 3-2 to start the process to put a parcel tax on the Beverly Hills March 5 ballot. The board will finalize the decision at its Nov. 27 meeting.
Also, police are using security camera images to search for seven suspects seen placing a suspicious package with anti-Semitic comments on it outside a Rodeo Drive store.