The Beverly Hills City Council amended the Trousdale Estates view restoration ordinance. Read about that and more top stories from Feb. 17-23.
1. Council members changed the legal definition of a hedge and capped litigation costs pertaining to the view restoration ordinance.
2. City Manager Jeff Kolin sent a letter to the Beverly Hills Courier challenging the newspaper's reporting on the city's budget surplus and employee pensions.
3. The Los Angeles Times published another editorial critical of the city's attempts to thwart Metro from tunneling under Beverly Hills High School.
4. Luxury home values increased in the Los Angeles and San Francisco regions in the fourth quarter of 2012 compared to the comparable prior-year period.
5. The council praised a group dedicated to preserving historic Greystone Mansion.