The Metropolitan Transportation Authority is close to getting a tax extension on the November ballot and a group of young professionals is paving the way for the next generation of Rotarians. Read about that and more in the top stories from Aug. 19-25.
1. Famed British film director and Beverly Hills resident Tony Scott .
2. The Beverly Hills Police Department is advising residents to after several reports of thefts from unlocked vehicles came in.
3. Metro just needs Gov. Jerry Brown's signature before it can ask county voters in November to for the next 30 years to accelerate regional transit projects.
4. The Rotary Club of Beverly Hills is working with the Young Professionals Rotary of Beverly Hills to to the service organization.
5. The 2012 Readers' Choice winners have been announced. Find out which Beverly Hills businesses .
Also, Patch caught up with Beverly Hills High School's Alex Rohani to find out how he plans to in his senior year.