The Beverly Hills Unified School District came together for charity and a local gun buyback event resulted in the collection of more than 2,000 weapons. Read about that and more in the top stories from Dec. 23-29.
1. BHUSD students, staff and their families volunteered Christmas Eve to make 1,300 packed lunches for charity.
2. A Los Angeles-area gun buyback event has .
3. Several new laws and amendments passed by the California State Legislature will go into effect Jan. 1.
4. Discarded Christmas trees left out on the curb will be collected during regularly scheduled trash pickup.
5. Check out the Beverly Hills Athletic Alumni Association's roundup of the 2012 fall sports season at Beverly Hills High School.