Despite a Recreation and Parks Commission and staff recommendation to explore Roxbury Park a viable option to house a dog park in Beverly Hills, the City Council decided instead to develop other options. Read about that and more top stories from Feb. 3-9.
1. Community sentiment for the dog park has been mixed, including a recent show of opposition to Roxbury Park adding a canine section.
2. A jury found in favor of a former cast member of the E! reality show Dr. 90210 in a medical malpractice lawsuit alleging she abandoned a patient who had complications with wounds from breast implant surgery.
3. The Beverly Hills Chamber of Commerce as well as the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors came out against closing the Beverly Hills Courthouse and other legal centers around the county.
4. A local elementary school student spoke at the Feb. 5 City Council meeting in an effort to urge council members to step up efforts to curtail speeding on residential streets.
5. The city opened a new compressed natural gas fueling station and added to its growing fleet of CNG vehicles.