A dead driver was found slumped behind the wheel of a parked hearse in Beverly Hills and the Metropolitan Transportation Authority is making progress on the Westside Subway Extension. Read about that and more in the top stories from Aug. 12-18.
1. A 59-year-old female driver near the Beverly Hills Hotel that was on its way to a casket viewing.
2. The India-based Sahara Group is in talks to pay $340 million for a in the Beverly Hilton.
3. The Beverly Hills Unified School District Board of Education may as a step towards making the school district financially self-sufficient.
4. County Supervisor and Metro Board of Directors member Zev Yaroslavsky for the Westside Subway Extension.
5. Metro is planning to near the Los Angeles County Museum of Art to study ground conditions along Wilshire Boulevard.
Also, the city's Adult Sports Program is for residents and non-residents.