City officials have added another lawsuit to their effort to prevent a subway tunnel underneath Beverly Hills High School. Read about that and more top stories from Feb. 10-16.
1. The city filed a lawsuit Friday against the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) that alleges the FTA’s decision to make the Westside Subway Extension eligible for funding from Washington violated federal laws. Officials want to compel the federal government to withhold funding for the project.
2. throughout Los Angeles and Southern California, causing authorities to conduct a weeklong manhunt that culminated with his apparent suicide.
3. City Council candidates participated in campaign forums organized by Beverly Hills residents and business people.
4. Students from Beverly Hills High School finished first in Los Angeles County's adademic decathlon. The team moves on to state competition that begins next month.
5. Gay rights activists demonstrated in front of the Beverly Hills Hotel, displaying a banner on Sunset Boulevard that read, "This hotel is owned by homophobes." The hotel is owned by the Sultan of Brunei, where homosexuality is illegal.