The Beverly Hills Unified School District has taken on a new lunch provider and the City Council addressed Measure J, a ballot initiative that would extend the Measure R half-cent sales tax. Read about that and more in the top stories from Oct. 21-27.
1. Art lovers flocked to Beverly Hills for the city's 2012 Fall artSHOW.
2. The food service company hired last year to provide BHUSD students with school lunch has ended its five-year contract. The school board has approved a new lunch provider.
3. The council voted 4-1 to "not take a position in support of Measure J."
4. The Maple Counseling Center held its 40th anniversary celebration with a "Disco Ball" fundraiser at the Beverly Hilton.
5. Former Beverly Hills Police Chief Joseph Paul Kimble has died at the age of 86.