The following is an edited press release from the Beverly Hills Conference & Visitors Bureau.
The Beverly Hills Conference & Visitors Bureau and the city of Beverly Hills will Wednesday hold a grand opening ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new, state-of-the-art Visitor Center located at 9400 South Santa Monica Boulevard.
The 500 square foot welcome center will be the gateway into Beverly Hills, aiming to assist visitors and locals in traversing the city. According to the Visitors Bureau, the Visitor Center will offer insider tips and information through touch screen displays and iPads, for guests who prefer a high-tech experience, and brochures and an on-site concierge, for those seeking a personal approach.
The center will also include photo displays and videos featuring a look into Beverly Hills' heritage and a retail space where guests can purchase Beverly Hills keepsakes.
“The Visitors Center will be the ultimate microcosm for the Beverly Hills experience,” said Offer Nissenbaum, Managing Director of The Peninsula Beverly Hills and newly appointed Chairman of the Visitors Bureau’s Board of Directors. “No matter where you go in Beverly Hills, visitors can find the perfect experience to suit their needs. The Visitor Center will help guests fulfill any expectations by providing access to information that will help them customize their visit.”
Collateral including maps, shopping guides and itineraries, are translated into several languages and will aid international travelers in customizing their experience in Beverly Hills. Other Visitor Center highlights include:
- State-of-the-art interactive displays utilizing touch screens and mounted iPads.
- Interactive content will feature newly acquired images and iconic historical images depicting Beverly Hills from past to present.
- Special exclusive offers only available in the Visitor Center and downloadable to any smart phone. Offers range from gifts with purchase such as a Lladro porcelain figurine valued at over $300 to a complimentary tasting course at the five-star Peninsula Beverly Hills. These offers from our retail, dining, hotel, spa and sightseeing partners such as Spa Montage, Scandia Home, and The Cheese Store of Beverly Hills will also be available via printed certificates.
- Tickets and admission passes to local Southern California attractions available for purchase through CityPass.
- Branded Beverly Hills merchandise available for purchase from the Shop BH Collection including baseball caps, leather business card holders, hydration bottles, flash drives and pins.
- Beginning mid 2013, The Beverly Hills Visitor Center will also feature limited-edition merchandise currently in development for the city’s Centennial Celebration.
“We are excited to open the new center and have a number of special events planned to introduce it to the community, consumers and international travel trade,” said Julie Wagner, Executive Director of the Beverly Hills Conference & Visitors Bureau. “It will be a focal point for visitors, as well as community members, eager to explore the city’s abundance of attractions including shopping, dining and culture.”
The Visitor Center opens October 4, 2012 with its regular hours of operation, Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm and Saturday - Sunday, 10am - 5pm.